|Alcoholic Eggnog, with a kick! Auki's favourite kind.|
This recipe is an annual thing for me ... and it packs a nice punch to boot - so get in the holiday spirit (no pun intended) and make this at home for the weekend ! - Recipe taken from the RadioAukiman archives.
Please note that this eggnog is a very potent alcoholic cocktail! Be mindful to drink in moderation, it goes down very easily!
Aukiman's Revised Easy Alcoholic Eggnog
( Approx 16 serves )
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup white rum
- 3 cups full cream milk
- 3 cups whisky
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Fresh ground nutmeg to taste
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites and place into separate bowls.
- Beat egg yolks with 1/2cup of the sugar, set aside.
- Heat milk till it is just boiling then remove from heat, immediately add the yolk/sugar mix and whisk vigorously (this will let it cook slightly).
- Set this mixture aside and let it cool thoroughly.
- Beat egg-whites until stiff, then mix in other 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- Pour the cooled yolk mixture into the whites and mix together thoroughly.
- Stir in white rum slowly
- Stir in whiskey slowly
- Stir in brandy and sherry slowly
- Stir in cream slowly
Serve chilled and sprinkle nutmeg on the top.